I'm a typical California suburban mom... except for one thing: I'm a ghost hunter too.
I am in search of the truth about life after death, and the things that go bump in the night. I believe these truths are just out of our reach, on the other side of a thin veil that I am trying desperately to understand.
Through this blog, I plan to share my journey, challenges, discoveries, and lessons-learned.

(At least, those I can share without revealing any client information)

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Washoe Club EVPs & Virginia City Ghost Tours

Here is just a sampling of some of the EVPs I captured at the Old Washoe Club in Virginia City.  
Please note: As with most EVPs, they are often difficult to hear unless you are using headphones.

In this first one, I am standing in place, filming.  A fellow investigator is walking away from me in a hallway (you will hear her footsteps). But I hear a slow male whispered, followed by a fast female sound.
Here

In this second one, we were sitting down for an EVP session and I had just placed a flashlight on the floor. I was inviting the entities to "play" with it by turning it on.  I think there is a quiet answer after the break after I ask the question.
Here

In this one, one of my fellow female investigators was just finishing saying something, and you will hear her voice finish that.  Then there is a male voice that comes in quietly and says something, 1 syllable, sounds like "guy" or "die" or something similar.
Here

In this next one, I am in the room with one other investigator, and no one is humming or singing, but this is what was recorded:  Here

And finally, my favorite from this trip doesn't even require headphones.  This needs no further explanation, other than the main female voice you hear is NOT me or any other investigator in the building.  And she does sound friendly!  Here

I am REALLY looking forward to returning to Virginia City next month!  Myself and 3 team members were invited to help a paranormal investigations team there, and I will be staying overnight for three nights in the haunted St. Mary's Art Center.  We will be helping to lead 1 hour paranormal tours and 3 hour investigations at these locations:

*The Historic Chapin-Cavanaugh Boarding House.  Built in 1862 by Samuel Chapin and once known as the finest Boarding House in Virginia City.
*The St. Mary Louise Hospital.  Built in 1875 by St. Mary's Church as the Catholic Hospital of Virginia City, later to become Storey County Hospital.
*The Fourth Ward School in Virginia City.  This Victorian building was in operation from 1876 to 1936.  A beautiful location to experience.
If you have EVER wanted to go to a haunted location for a tour or short investigation, but don't have the time or desire to be in a paranormal investigation group, this is a terrific event!  As of today, there are still tickets left.  You can stay in Virginia City in a haunted hotel (Silver Queen, or several others), or a non-haunted hotel (like the Silverland Inn).  Or you can always take the drive to stay in Reno or Carson City.  Haunts on the Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment