I'm a typical California suburban mom... except for one thing: I'm a ghost hunter too.
I am in search of the truth about life after death, and the things that go bump in the night. I believe these truths are just out of our reach, on the other side of a thin veil that I am trying desperately to understand.
Through this blog, I plan to share my journey, challenges, discoveries, and lessons-learned.

(At least, those I can share without revealing any client information)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Old Washoe Club - Virginia City, NV

So I got locked into an old haunted saloon and millionaire's club in the wild west the other night.  And I actually paid money to have that done to me!  Was I crazy?  No.  Did I have a blast? Yes.  Was I kinda tired when I dragged my tired butt to bed around 6am after investigating all night?  You bet!




The Old Washoe Club was built in 1875, burnt extensively later that year, was rebuilt, and served originally as a men's club for the millionaires who were raking in the big bucks from all the gold and silver mining in and around Virginia City.  The mining bust occurred shortly after the rebuild was completed, so the building has been used as many things throughout the years, and fell into disrepair for a long period of time as well.

There is a terrific saloon downstairs that is still in operation, and it's a great mixture of locals and tourists in there as well.  Of course, much of the conversation turns to the paranormal, since the employees have all seen, heard, or felt something, and many of the visitors are there in hopes of experiencing something as well.

Behind the saloon  is a museum with some artifacts, lots of photos of potential orbs and apparitions, and tons of Ghost Adventures memorabilia (since they did some of their episodes there in the past), as well as a signed photo from Britt Griffith (Go TAPS!), items from local authors, and many other interesting items.  In the very back of the building, lies "the Crypt"...
Originally built as a store room, and smartly built entirely out of stone, including the floor, the interior is like a 2 story oval-shaped cylinder.  COLD inside, even though it was in the 90's when I was there.  The history with this space goes like this: In the winter, the ground is frozen solid, and back in the old days, they needed a place to store the town's dead bodies until the ground thawed in the spring... Hence, it is called the crypt now.  I spent 15 minutes in there myself at 4am, in the dark, alone, for an EVP session.  I had some K2 interaction that seemed relevant to questions I was asking, LOUD knocking on the wooden floor far above me (and no one was in that part of the building at that time), AND my left arm was lightly touched twice by something/someone there.  It blew my mind.

There are 2nd and 3rd floors as well.  The 2nd floor has been open for some years now, but the 3rd floor has only been reopened since June of this year.  They are built in a very maze-like arrangement of rooms and halls, but after being there for awhile, it starts to make sense.  Still, some members of our group never quite got the layout while there.  It can be hard to understand confusing layouts when you are in the dark.  There is no electricity in the upper floors, so all investigative equipment needs to be battery powered, or have some long extension cords.

I am not "a sensitive", but certain areas definitely had certain feelings to them.  I never felt threatened, but it certainly felt like something or someone was there, and I couldn't see them.  We encountered a little mouse that we gave a Reese's Pieces to (I know, not exactly rodent health food, but he was so cute and someone in the group had candy with them!), and a small bat (who was probably there to eat the bugs we encountered through the night).  The "sensitives" who were there all felt that there were a lot of entities around, but I have no evidence of that bit of insight, so I can just take that for what it's worth.

We had some significant REM pod activity in one room on the third floor when no one was there, some motion detectors went off in areas we were staying out of, and I am hoping we got something on camera or audio!
I have not gone through my audio or video evidence yet, but I am hoping for something good.  When and if I do have something great to share from that, you can bet I will add a post with that info!

By the way, I tweeted throughout the evening - @TeresaRoberts11 - Follow me on Twitter for future information and live investigation twitter feeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment